Best Chinese in Chinatown NYC – A Foodie’s Guide
As a foodie, I’m always on the lookout for the best Chinese cuisine. And if you’re like me, then Chinatown in New York City is the place to go. With its vast array of restaurants and eateries, Chinatown has something to offer everyone. In this guide, I’ll share my top picks for the best Chinese in Chinatown NYC and give you an insider’s look at the food scene.
The Best Chinese Restaurants in Chinatown NYC
If you’re searching for the best Chinese in Chinatown NYC, then you’ve come to the right place. Here are my top five picks for the best Chinese restaurants in Chinatown:
- China Blue: This popular Chinatown restaurant is known for its flavorful and authentic Chinese cuisine. From classics like General Tso’s chicken to more exotic dishes such as Mapo Tofu, China Blue’s menu is sure to please.
- Taste of China: This Chinatown restaurant is renowned for its wide selection of dishes, ranging from traditional Chinese to Szechuan and Cantonese. Taste of China also offers customers a range of vegetarian and vegan options, making it a great choice for all types of eaters.
- Dim Sum Go Go: This Chinatown favorite specializes in dim sum, a popular Chinese dish consisting of small bite-sized pieces of food. At Dim Sum Go Go, you’ll find a variety of traditional dim sum dishes, such as steamed pork buns and shrimp dumplings.
- The Grand Sichuan: This restaurant is a great choice for those looking for a more upscale dining experience. The menu features classic Chinese dishes such as Kung Pao chicken and Peking Duck, as well as a wide selection of vegetarian and vegan options.
- Ping’s Seafood: This Chinatown favorite is known for its fresh seafood dishes. From Cantonese-style fish and shrimp to braised eel and steamed clams, Ping’s Seafood has something for everyone.
What to Expect in Chinatown NYC
Chinatown in New York City is a vibrant and vibrant part of the city. The streets are filled with colorful shops, restaurants, and markets. Here, you can find everything from traditional Chinese dishes to more modern cuisine.
Chinatown is also home to a number of cultural attractions and events. From traditional Chinese festivals to the annual Chinese New Year parade, Chinatown is a great place to experience Chinese culture.
Tips for Eating in Chinatown NYC
When it comes to eating in Chinatown, there are a few tips to keep in mind. First, be sure to research the restaurant you’re considering. Look for reviews online and ask locals for advice. You should also be prepared to wait in line for a table, as many of the popular restaurants can get quite busy.
It’s also important to remember that Chinatown is a cash-only area. So, be sure to bring enough cash to cover your meal. Lastly, be aware of the cultural norms in Chinatown. Although the area is quite touristy, it’s still important to be respectful of the locals and their customs.
Chinatown in New York City is home to some of the best Chinese restaurants in the city. Whether you’re looking for a traditional Chinese meal or a more modern take on Chinese cuisine, Chinatown has something to offer. With its vibrant streets, cultural attractions, and delicious food, Chinatown is a great place to explore. So, if you’re a foodie looking for the best Chinese in Chinatown NYC, then this guide is for you.